Monday, August 12, 2013

Camping And Hiking Cypress Hills

Another weekend of hiking.  This time to the Hills at Cypress.

Three of us - John, Luke and I - left early yesterday morning, around 9am, and arrived there shortly after noon.  We parked our cars, ate lunch, put on our hiking gear and started hiking, covering around 10 kms in total.  The difficulty level was moderate and the weather was warm and sunny (24C).  But damnit, I lost my sunglasses again.  I think I've probably lost 10 pairs in the last 5 years!

After the hike, we found our camping spot and got ourselves setup.  I could get into this camping thing .. it was great fun.  But not being able to take a shower after a long hike is a definite drawback...

Next, we gathered wood, chopped it up, made a fire, and then cooked a delicious dinner.  I brought some good Spanish tempranillo wine, which went nicely with the food, but it did affect my energy levels on the hike today.  Note to self... 

I slept well though, and this morning drank a nice coffee, before heading out again for another walk.  Today we covered a more challenging distance, 17 kms.

Around 4pm, Luke and I packed our tents and made our way back home.  John stayed behind.  He has this next week off work, and has decided to spend it on the hiking trails.

I look forward to coming back here again soon.  In fact, the plan is to come here next weekend, with more hikers.  This time, though, we're going to stay in a townhouse.









No comments: