Thursday, June 10, 2010

Cairo -> Cape Town: A Long Day!

The last 18 hours were virtually all spent in transit.

* I left the Cairo guesthouse at 9:20pm (Tuesday night), arriving at the airport at 10.
* My flight from Cairo left at 00:30am (Wednesday morning), arriving in Johannesburg, South Africa, at around 7:15am.
* At 11am I flew from Johannesburg to Nelspruit.
* At 1pm I flew from Nelspruit to Cape Town, arriving close to 4pm.
* At 4:30pm I travelled by car for 40 minutes, to Stellenbosch, where I will be staying for the next 5-6 nights.

Here are two pictures. The first one is of Cape Town, from the air. It reminds me of Vancouver: a city surrounded by mountains and water (the water is not visible in the picture). The second picture is of the guesthouse I'm staying at. The guesthouse website can be found here:





























I realize that I've left a big gap in terms of updating the blog. It's been very challenging to find computer-time, and additionally, either the computer or access to the internet has most often been less than adequate: either the computer stems from the previous century, or the internet access is at turtle-speed. I will try to catch up on previous days, although I may be unable to catch up on each one separately.

Oh, one last detail. The food in Cairo was good, but the water did me in. I have diarrhea: nothing stays in me longer than an hour. That made travelling this past day an "interesting" experience, to say the least...

No comments: