Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Rùmbo Sudàfrica

Today I left for South Africa for the 2010 World Cup, but with a few other stops along the way. I actually wont arrive in South Africa until June 9th. Before that, I´ll be visiting Frankfurt, Roma, and Cairo.

Here is my basic itinerary ("->" = travel from/to):

* May 24: Vancouver -> Frankfurt (via Chicago)
* May 25-26: Frankfurt
* May 27: Frankfurt -> Calbe
* May 28-29: Calbe
* May 30: Calbe -> Frankfurt
* May 31: Frankfurt -> Roma
* June 1-3: Roma
* June 4: Roma -> Cairo
* June 5-8: Cairo
* June 9: Cairo -> Cape Town

Once in South Africa, my schedule will revolve completely around the World Cup. I will post date/place specifics closer to arrival date in South Africa. Needless to say, the most important dates are:

* June 14: Paraguay vs. Italy (Cape Town)
* June 20: Paraguay vs. Slovakia (Bloemfontein)
* June 24: Paraguay vs. New Zealand (Polokwane)

One personal note: in the past lengthy trips I`ve taken I`ve always been happy to escape my "personal" world (disappointments) at home. I`ve been able to leave things behind for the duration of the trip, and then take them up again upon my return. This time around, I think I`ll be unable to escape my personal world whil travelling, and probably, rightly so. I have lots on my mind, and I will take these things with me and ponder them throughout my time away.

Below is a picture of the main concourse at Terminal 1 at the O`Hare International Aiport in Chicago.













No comments: