Saturday, February 20, 2010

Al Watan, Saxony House

Dinner at Al Watan: I met up with James and had dinner at my favourite place. It was good to catch up with him, it'd been since before Christmas that I saw him last. I don't quite understand why I see so little of my Christian friends, I'm realizing that my bonds of affection are much stronger with my non-believing friends. This is an increasing source of disappointment to me.

Saxony House: after dinner, we met up with Jennifer and one of James' friends, Matt, and together we went down to the Saxony House Pavilion (Vancouver Rowing Club) to take in some of the Olympic atmosphere.

As with all other Games-related sites, there was a long lineup to get in: 2+ hours. We only stuck it out for about 45 minutes. We were cold (I didn't dress warm enough), hungry, and generally impatient.

So we gave up the quest to conquer Saxony, and went to eat instead. Jennifer, in particular, was hungry, so we walked along Denman until we found a place that had both, food and a television to follow the Olympics on. We settled on a mediterranean fast food-type place.

But our interest in the Saxony House was piqued enough to try getting in another time, perhaps tomorrow.

No comments: