Sunday, February 22, 2009

Dress And Dignity

Today I saw Jennifer in a dress for the first time. She bought the dress while in Seattle last weekend and so she tried it on tonight to see which sandals fit best with it. She's planning to wear it at a wedding in Florida next weekend.

She's also planning to wear it at least once while we're in Mexico. We decided that while there we want to go out for a fancy dinner at least once. I'm not planning to take a lot of dress clothes to Mexico. Instead, I hope to take advantage of the opportunity to go to Benetton while there and find myself something nice and dressy. Maybe a dress shirt or two, or maybe some nice dress pants. I also need some black or navy socks.

On a sidenote, I don't know what it is about a woman in a dress. I may go against common convention today, but I've thought for a while now that if a woman wants to impress a man, she should not wear less - that's often a sure way to cheapen her look - but more. Few things if any are more dignifying unto a woman than a lovely dress that covers all, and few things capture a man's imagination as much as a woman dressed "up", not "down".

Jennifer looked magnificent. No matter how good I dress up when we go out for that fancy dinner, she will be the centre of attention. She will eclipse me, and I'm very ok with that.

No comments: