Saturday, January 24, 2009

Mom's Birthday Dinner

I went to Abbotsford today after work, arriving there around 5:45pm.

We had a lovely dinner with family, celebrating mom's birthday. Trouble is, mom cooked her own birthday dinner. Something seems wrong with that....

A few days ago I talked with her on the phone, and I asked her what she wanted for her birthday. She said she'd be thrilled with a card. So that's what I got her.

I got her a card with a great saying by Saint Augustine. I got it at the monastery I stayed at a few months ago:

"Breathe in me, Spirit of God, that I may think what is holy;
Drive me, Spirit of God, that I may do what is holy;
Draw me, Spirit of God, that I may love what is holy;
Strengthen me, Spirit of God, that I may preserve what is holy;
Guard me, Spirit of God, that I may never lose what is holy."

Happy Birthday Mom!

No comments: