Thursday, January 22, 2009

40D

After humming and hawing for a few weeks, I decided to get myself a new camera (actually I bought it on December 30, I'm just now coming around to writing about it). Well, it's a used camera, but it's virtually new, as the original owner just had it for 3 months. My old camera is good, but I think it's time to move on to a semi-professional camera. I've had "point and shoot" cameras for the past 6 years, and feel that I'm ready to take it to the next level.

I purchased 3 components that make up the camera: the camera body (40D), a 50mm "prime" lens, and a 18-55mm zoom lens. The last component which I still need to get is a flash. I'm looking for the 430 EX, that's apparently a good flash to start with on this type of camera.

I've taken this camera out a few times to take some shots, and the quality is vastly superior to anything I've worked with to date.

So this is my other rather expensive Christmas present to myself, the first one being a Prie Dieux. So without further ado, introducing my new Canon 40D:

No comments: