Saturday, December 06, 2008

Futbol & A Birthday Party

Haven't played much futbol lately. In fact, since August, I think I've only gone to about half of the "soccer saturdays" I've become so accustomed to attending. The result is that I felt a tremendous excitement today when I put on my "Copa Mundial" boots. I felt like a little boy who's just found out he's earned a "cucurucho" of ice cream (dulce de leche flavour, please). after doing a good deed. Playing today was grand, and the rain and mud just added to the thrill. And yes, thrill is the right word.

In the evening Jennifer and I went to Eric's birthday party at the Libra Room on Commercial Drive. Eric turned 40 earlier this week (Dec. 2), and this was the party he threw for himself. It was a nice soire, about 16 people came. The Libra Room's a nice venue , we had the lounge at the back all to ourselves. The music alternated between a live performance and lounge music. I prefer the lounge music over the live act primarily because the lounge music wasn't so loud. I didn't know everyone at the party, but Paul and Amanda were there, as well as Mike B and a few others I knew. I think Jen enjoyed herself too, and that's important.

Tomorrow's church, and later on I want to go for lunch at Al Watan with Josh.

Except for last weekend's retreat at the monastery I haven't had much time for prayer in my day, and that's a concern. Actually, it's not that I haven't had much time (aren't 24 hours enough?!?!), the problem is that I haven't made time for prayer. That's gotta change.

No comments: