Sunday, December 21, 2008

Colder Still

It just keeps getting colder and colder. It was -15 this afternoon.

Believe it or not, we had planned to still play soccer as we usually do. But when push came to shove, people - including me - jammed out. The field was covered in snow, and the temp was just too chilly.

So instead of playing soccer I went to the Regent College bookstore and did some Christmas shopping. I bought a few books for James (For the Life of the World and The Way of a Pilgrim), and I also bought a book for Jen (Amazing Grace: A Vocabulary of Faith). Not sure she'll be interested, but I hope she is. Kathleen Norris is a great author who writes in a very accessible style. In fact, I bought a copy of it for myself also, as I think she says some important things about the use of language in the Christian tradition.

In the evening I went to a party to celebrate Karla's return from Australia. We met at a pub on MacDonald/4th Avenue. It was great to celebrate her again. She is dearly missed by our futbol gang. Hopefully we'll be able to see her again before she goes home to Mexico for Christmas before returning to Sidney.

No comments: