Sunday, February 17, 2008

Pnomh Penh, Persepolis

Pnomh Penh: a great Cambodian/Vietnamese restaurant in Chinatown. I'd never heard of it until tonight, when Benja suggested we go there for dinner. So we did, Benja, Sanjit, Clau and I. I will definitely go back. The menu looked great, and the food that we ordered (we ordered four dishes and ate communal style) tasted fantastic. Clau also ordered an iced coffee and Benja ordered a Vietnamese coffee, and both of them raved about it. Sadly, I couldn't even have a quick taste because I'm lenting from coffee. :(

Persepolis: a good movie, but an animated movie, and I'm not a all a fan of animated movies. Somehow, I find it hard to take animated movie serious (although this movie certainly was a serious movie, telling the story of an Iranian woman who after the Islamic Revolution in Iran witnesses many injustices and refuses to remain silent). Because the film had a purpose that was more than just entertain (ie - educate the viewer about the Persian mindset), I walked away with a positive impression of the film.

No comments: