Friday, February 15, 2008

Interview: HSBC

I had a job interview today with HSBC, for an HRIS Analyst position, doing similar work to the work I'd done previously.

This opportunity fell into my lap thanks to my friend Gonnie whom I worked for a few years at Glenayre. She called me a few days ago out of the blue and asked if I'd be interested in working at a bank (hmmmm, not sure), 4 days a week (yes!), doing similar work to my previous line of work (yes!), in a job-share situation with her (yes!).

This appealed to me from various perspectives. Working 4 days a week is by far the most compelling factor, since it would enable me to practice offering hospitality one day a week at home, maybe enable me to purchase a house, and most importantly, figure out a longer term plan.

So today I had an interview. It went well. I think I have a very decent chance to get this job.

Lord Jesus Christ, if it pleases you, look favourably upon me as I apply for this job. And if your plan, heavenly Father, is different for me, than give me the strength and grace to take the outcome in stride and still praise you for your goodness and faithfulness.

No comments: