Monday, December 25, 2006

A Family Christmas

After a crazy day yesterday (lunch with James, shopping, a quick get-together with Cindy, and packing for my 2-day trip to Abbotsford), I drove to Abbotsford today at around 5pm. I arrived at my parents' church at 6:10pm, about 20 minutes before the family Christmas service began. The service was fine, with lots of music, as is the tradition in their church. My nephews and nieces were very involved in the program, which was great to see.

After church we went to my parents' home and continued the tradition there: dinner, openening of presents, and dessert. We also took a family picture:
















From left to right: Ted, Karin, Cub, Dylan, Mom, Neal, Natasha, Dad, Priscila, Tanis, Heinz, Terence, Melanie, Ralph, and Derek.

At around 10:45, after all the presents were opened and gift wrapping-paper covered the living-room carpet, I took off to the Benedictine Monastery in Mission, for midnight mass. It was a long and beautiful mass, almost 2 hours. I arrived back at my parents' at around 2am.

No comments: