Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas (In Pijamas)

After waking up at around 9:30 in the morning, I went upstairs in my pj's to see what was going on, and I found mom cooking. Shortly afterwards, my nephew Ralph and my niece Tanis came up, also in their pj's, prompting a pijama breakfast-party:
















From left to right: Ralph, Tanis, & Cub

Mom made such a great breakfast: belgian waffles with a french vanilla sauce (who needs syrup when you've got french vanilla!). Eating such an amazing breakfast reminded me of my childhood. There was a period of time when mom made waffles for breakfast every single day! I find that incredible...

We spent the rest of the day with the family, eating, drinking mate, more eating, and just generally being lazy. Actually, we took a family picture too, but I posted it yesterday already (I'm writing this on January 3rd, backdating it as my memory serves).

During picture-taking, my sis managed to explode with anger at one of her kids who was annoying her. Not good. I've also been sensing a tension within the family from various angles: between my brother and my sister (and their spouses), between mom and my sis, beween dad and some of the kids, between my sis and her son Ralph, between mom and me, and between my sis and me.

A typical Christmas indeed! Gotta get me some boxing gloves for next Christmas....

No comments: