Saturday, April 29, 2006

Soap Opera

Who needs daytime soap operas when you can be in ministry and experience the same thing .. except, for real.

Last night, a few hours after I returned from the preaching conference in Calgary, a friend of mine called me. She's Christian, married, and she recently shared with me that she is suspecting her husband, also a Christian, is cheating on her.

She called me yesterday to confirm that her suspicions have been confirmed. Not only is her husband cheating on her, he's married to another woman, and has a child with her. What more, he's left my dear friend here, in order to be with the other woman who lives in the Philippines.

It angers me, that we (men) can be so fucking selfish, so diabolically arrogant and proud that we would betray women in such manner. It seems to me that cowardice is one of our core character flaws. I see it everyday in myself, and in other men.

Her life - at least for the next 3-5 years - is going to be one big, long, unending, nightmarish hell.

Human corruption never ceases to amaze me.

Lord have mercy!
Chirst have mercy!
Lord have mercy!

1 comment:

Faith K said...

I'm sorry that you're having to deal with this, Ed.