Monday, June 20, 2016

Niagara Falls

Today is our final day together.  It's been an adventure, to say the least - ups and downs.  I'm really not sure what to make of it all yet.

We got up reasonably early this morning and ate breakfast, together with our airbnb hosts.  By around 10am we were ready to get going on our planned day trip to Niagara.

What a gorgeous place.


The weather here the past few days has been hot and sunny - very nice.

We took the opportunity to take some pictures.  She's amazingly photogenic.



On our way back to London we stopped at a winery where I picked up a bottle of Riesling.  She's not really interested in wines, but she was a good sport nonetheless.  Upon our return to London early evening, we went to a Lebanese restaurant we'd been to a few nights ago, and had our fill of falafel.

We spent our last evening together in the indoor pool of our hosts.  Outside, a thunderstorm gathered, unleashing wind and rain simultaneously, and I couldn't help comparing it to the relational thunderstorm that I see on the horizon for us.

Tomorrow I get up pretty early and fly back to Saskatoon.  

A week from now Jesse Cook's in town, and a few days after that I'm flying to Penticton to be with family.  I'm looking forward to both.

No comments: