Sunday, June 12, 2016

A Short Road Trip

I took Friday off work and went on a short road trip with Daniela.  We left Saskatoon mid-afternoon, arriving in Moose Jaw around dinner time.  We checked into the hotel, and went for a walk on Main Street, where we eventually landed at Brown's for dinner.

Afterwards we went for a short walk, before heading back to the hotel and to the hot springs pool.  It was very nice, actually.  Last time I was here it was in the dead of winter, when the temperature contrast between the hot water in the outdoor pool contrasted dramatically with the freezing temperatures outside.

Below, a pictures of us on the road to Moose Jaw.  I've been encouraging Daniela to take the plunge and get her driver's license.  Over the past month or so she took her driving theory test and took driving lessons, so when we set out on Friday, rather than taking my vehicle, we rented a car and got her right on the steering wheel.


On Saturday morning after breakfast, we went for a walk at one of my favourite places in MJ, Crescent Park.  It really was lovely.

In the afternoon we drove to Regina, and went straight to Wascana Lake, where we parked the car and walked around the lake.



We had dinner at La Bodega.  I've been there 3 times now, and it's been a disappointment every time. The food was bland, tasteless.  I don't think I'll go back there again.

While we enjoy each other's company, this weekend was not without stress though.  I don't treat her as well as I ought to.  In some ways, I act as though she's in the way, or as though she's stupid.  She even mentioned it once earlier this week.  Lord have mercy on me.

We arrived back in Saskatoon shortly after 11pm, tired.

No comments: