Saturday, April 25, 2015

Repainting Furniture

I've never been much of a do-it-yourselfer.  If my car is broke I take it to a mechanic.  If my fridge door squeaks I get the fridge guy to fix it. If the doorbell doesn't work I get a new one.

I'm not mechanically inclined, for one thing, and so I never really considered "fixing things" as a skill to foster.  This is opposite my dad, actually, who plays with his computer for hours before seeking help, and tinkers with other stuff - especially electronics - for days, trying to figure out how they work and how to fix them if broken.  Case in point, he converted a gas vehicle to an electric vehicle about 8 or so years ago.

But the one area I feel relatively comfortable with around the house, is paint.  After all, I painted for an entire summer while in university.

So a few days ago I took on the challenge of repainting old furniture, rather than selling it online and then buying new furniture.  Owning a house is proving to be more expensive than I thought...

Here are a few pictures of my dining chairs and table that I'm hoping will fit in with the rest of my living room interior once this project is finished.



No comments: