Saturday, April 11, 2015

Back to Painting

Moving to Saskatoon from Moose Jaw was a good decision in every way, except for one: I miss Lloyd and Judy's painting lessons.

About two months ago I decided to take advantage of their presence here in the prairies while I still can (they're moving back to Parksville at the end of the summer) and take some more lessons.

So on March 14th I drove down, and painted to my heart's content, for about 3 hours.  Judy fed me lunch, and that gave me good energy.  Below was the result.


Note the painting on the left, a painting by Judy.  I was trying my bestest to copy her great work of art.

Anyways, fast forward to today, and another 3 hours of work, and voila, the result:


It took me 6 hours in total to complete it.  I'm very pleased.  Painting is tremendously therapeutical.  I wish I could do it on my own, without so much need for guidance.  But then, painting is no different from any other skill - sports or music for example - it requires much patience and practise.

Before Judy and Lloyd move back to BC I'd like to do 3 more paintings:
* one of a west coast scene
* one of the badlands
* and a "set" of two, with a forest scene

No comments: