Monday, April 06, 2015

Brunch, Seeds, And A Hike

Today was a day of self-care.  I needed it, after a busy month of work and RCIA classes culminating in the Easter Vigil.

I slept in until about 9, and then slowly got my day going.

Around 1pm I went to the Berry Barn, a lovely little restaurant and greenhouse tucked away along the river south of the city.  I had a burger there for brunch and then took a few pictures of the surroundings.  The temperature was warm with a slight cloud cover and with a chilly breeze, especially along the river.




After brunch I drove to Dutch Growers and bought seeds in preparation for gardening this summer.

Then around 3:30 I went to Beaver Creek for a 2.5km hike.  The terrain was varied, including flat prairie stretches as well as a few ups and downs along the river.  I hiked at a brisk pace, completing it the stretch in 45 minutes.  

Beaver Creek's just 10 minutes from my place so I'll be sure to return there and explore some more.


No comments: