Saturday, August 23, 2014

Grass!

Finally ... grass was laid down at my place today!


Slowly but surely, my place is starting to look like a real home!

On another note, I went out for breakfast with Eric this morning.  His mom's in town and so she treated us for the occasion.

I was surprised how convinced (dogmatic?) she felt about certain theological viewpoints.  I had to contain my tongue.  I wanted to engage and counter (perhaps with equal dogmatism) but thought it wiser not to.

When she asked me what church I attend, for example, I didn't mention to her that I'm attending a RC church, and that I'm entering the RCIA program within the next few weeks.  That would've opened up a can of worms that I'm not really interested in discussing, at least not with someone that "has all the answers".  I've been on this trajectory for 5+ years now, and any conversations at this point about how "we're right" or "they're off" on such and such matters are superfluous to me.

I went on a date with Michelle last night.  Oh my God.  I can't mess this one up...

No comments: