Friday, June 27, 2014

Coy Move

Today I finally moved into my new home in Buena Vista.  I'm very pleased.

Mom arrived on Wednesday night from Abbotsford, and as always, she helped me pack everything.  I really would not have made it through the past few years without my parents' moving help: first from Vancouver to Moose Jaw, then to an apartment in Saskatoon, and now to my new house.

After her arrival Wednesday night we went out for dinner.  Dad wasn't able to come along this time around, so it was just mom and me.

Yesterday I worked, while mom packed.  My coworkers teased me about this to no end: "So, let's get this straight, while you're pushing a pencil at the office, your mom's pushing the piano?"

Today at 8am I met the builder at the new home.  We did a walk-through, signed some documents, and then he gave me the keys to the house.  I felt so proud...

At the same time, mom was "lifting the piano" at the apartment with the movers.  By noon the apartment was empty, and mom and I were on the way to the new home.  By 3pm the movers had brought everything to the new house.

For the next day or so we'll be finding a place for everything.  Unlike previous moves, space will not be an issue this time around.  There should be plenty of space for everything.  In fact, once everything's in its place, my place will look rather empty.  I'll (finally) look like the minimalist that I claim to be!

At the end of the day I'm tired.  But today my heart is filled with gratitude.  I have good feeling about this move.  I plan to have a home blessing within the first few months.

No comments: