Friday, February 21, 2014

On Vacation - Finally

I got up early this morning and was on the road to Regina before 7am.  Once there, I parked my car at John's, who lives a close 5 minute drive from the airport.  Thanks for saving me about $200 in parking fees John!  He treated me to a great cup of coffee, and then drove me to the airport.

My flight to Mexico City was via Vancouver, where I had a 3 hour layover.  I was super hungry upon arrival, so I took the Canada Line to the Broadway and Cambie stop - my old neighbourhood - where I got off and walked to Milestones for a great lunch.

Cambie and 8th:


After lunch, back to the airport just in time for my flight to DF...

I arrived in DF at 9:15, and by 10:15 I was at Ruth and Marty's place.  They were great hosts, awaiting me with a bottle of red wine, jamon serráno, manchego cheese, and a baguette.  They're eager - and rightly so - to show off their new apartment, on the 11th floor of a new apartment highrise near Coyoacán.  The place faces east, and apparently on a good day (ie - a day without too much pollution or clouds) you can see both, the Ixta and Popo volcanoes.  I'll be looking out for that in the coming days...

Tomorrow: no specific plans; originally we were going to go to a fútbol game, but most of the people who were supposed to come along have been sick the past few days, so we're going to keep things low key.  There are 17 more days of vacation to come, so no need to hurry...

No comments: