Tuesday, February 19, 2013

So Long Vancouver

At around 7am this morning I returned my Modo car to the 10th and Cambie parking lot, and then met my parents at my apartment.  I taped shut my plant boxes, walked around my apartment one last time, took a few pictures, gathered my belongings and packed the van, headed to the airport for my flight to Saskatoon.

My flight left shortly before noon.  I was in relatively good spirits, thankful that my parents took time to see me off.  Again, as I said a few days ago, what a privilege to be surrounded by family in times like these.

Upon my arrival in Sasakatoon I rented a van, loaded it with my belongings, and headed to the Best Western.  Much to my dismay, the base of 5 of the 9 planters that I brought along with me were broken into dozens of pieces.  I shoul've taken the time to pack them better but "thought they'd be ok".  Argh.

Late afternoon I set out on my search for a car.  Before coming here, I did a good amount of research for buying a VW Jetta in Saskatchewan.  I actually decided to fly into Saskatoon because this city has the most cars for sale.

I test drove a light blue 2008 diesel, with about 80,000 clicks.  Lots of scratches in the exterior, but man, what a nice drive.

Tomorrow I'm going to the VW dealer, to check out some other options.

A new development on subletting my apartment: late yesterday, my friends Ruth and Marty contacted me regarding renting the place.  After a few back and forth conversations with them and the landlord, we all came to agreement.  Praise God!  They will sublet my place for the next 2 years.


No comments: