Saturday, February 16, 2013

More Meals

More goodbye meals with friends.

For lunch I met James and Rosanna at our favourite lunch spot, Al Watan.  Unfortunately the pictures below don't reveal the extent of the feast that we enjoyed at the hands of Khalid.  He always treats us like royalty: thank you Khalid!  May God bless you!

James has been encouraging to speak to in the last few weeks.  Although we don't talk that often, I always get a supportive word or two from him.  I gave him a good number of my books that I don't watn to haul with me to Saskatchewan.  I also gave him a few plants to take care of.  We both have a strong sense of creation-care.

I'm going to miss James, and I'm going to miss Khalid too.  His hospitality is unequaled in Vancouver.




Earlier this week I got an email from some ex-coworkers, wanting to get together for dinner.  I hadn't seen most of them in 2-3 years, actually, so I was quite happy to meet up with them.  Gonnie, Fred and I met at Kalamata, near Granville St.

After dinner I went home and did some more packing.

No comments: