Saturday, November 17, 2012

Sharing The Camino - This Time With Friends

Tonight I had a good number of friends - betweeen 15 and 20 - over to watch my slideshow on the Camino.  I think it was a great success.

It was a Spanish-themed evening.  I prepared 2 tortilla españolas, I had a few bottles of wine on hand, including termpranillos and albariños.  I also made bocadillos with queso manchego and jamón serrano.  For dessert I had flan that I bought at a Latin Supermarket near Joyce Street.
  
I was quite surprised of the discussion that ensued after watching the presentation.  People had many questions for me: what did I like most about the Camino?  How demanding was it physically?  What was the food like?  What kind of people did you meet?  What was a typical day like?  Some friends even asked questions regarding the spiritual life on the Camino, and that was surprising.

I still haven't been able to figure out how to add the slideshow to this site.

No comments: