Sunday, November 11, 2012

Interior Painting

Our good friend Benja moved to Toronto a few weeks ago, as a result of which he decided to sell his apartment here in the city.  Actually, he didn't have much choice: his Strata Council didn't allow him to rent out the apartment.

So for the past few weeks, in addition to helping him pack his stuff in preparation for the move, I've also been doing some painting in his apartment.

This has brought back some very good memories from my university days.  I remember in my 3rd and 4th year, I painted in the summers, and I loved it.

I find painting therapeutic somehow.  There's some kind of a healing agent that kicks in when you brush the stroke up and down, covering the old with the new, the dirty with the clean, the stained with the shiny.  Maybe it mirrors God's grace, I don't know.

Before leaving for the Camino I applied for a Pastoral Care job in a local long term facility, but that job didn't come through.  So in a sense I'm back to square one in terms of looking for work, and so in the meantime I don't mind doing some painting.  I'm even thinking of putting an ad on craigslist, who knows, maybe I'll get a contract or something.

No comments: