Thursday, August 13, 2009

Blessing

I've noticed that whenever I sneeze, she doesn't say "Bless you", much less "God bless you." I think it's because she realizes that the minute she says or wishes a blessing, she has a conundrum on her hands: "Who will bless?", "What is a blessing?", "What is there to bless?", and "Can I wish a blessing?"

Give her credit: for being true to her colours. She doesn't believe in someone bigger, wiser, stronger, and smarter than us who speaks into the everyday situations and happenings of this world, and therefore, to speak of blessings is a mute point. It's a lie.

Give her credit for staying true to her convictions.

But what a world that leaves us with: no blessings to give, no blessings to receive, no hope, faith, or love to give or receive. No mystery...just a cold, hard, flat, shallow, isolated, and above all, empty and meaningless world.

Such a world I want no part of.

No comments: