Monday, October 20, 2008

My 2 Favourite Restaurants In Vancouver

This weekend was a good weekend indeed, for the simple reason that I visited my two favourite restaurants in Vancouver: Al Watan (Pakistani, 45th and Fraser), and Doña Cata's (Mexican, 35th and Victoria).

Saturday late afternoon I went to Doña Cata's for dinner with Jen. Together, we ordered 3 items on the menu, and shared our meal: Original tacos (4), something along the lines of fajita tacos (2, but I can't remember the exact name of the item on the menu), and a soup dish (ditto). I put a peanut sauce on all my tacos and the result was very good: very tasty with a spicy kick.

Then yesterday, Sunday, I went to Al Watan with James. I hadn't seen him in ages, so it was really good to catch up. I ordered the usual, the "Lunch Special", for $6.99, while James had the "Chicken Tikka Kharai." Afterwards, we both had 2 cups of their special tea. There's a reason this is my favourite restaurant in Vancouver: the food is tasty, the ambience is quiet and simple, the staff (Noor the waiter, and Khalid the cook) are friendly (in fact, Khalid comes out from the kitchen everytime we visit and talks with us for a good 5-10 minutes), and the price is very very reasonable.

I'm thankful to be working: not everyone has a job. However, what I miss most from my seminary days (besides studying, reading, writing, and discussing theology), is going "home" for lunch or dinner at Al Watan.

No comments: