Thursday, June 05, 2008

Aching Muscles

I've worked 3 days now, here.

I like my job, actually. It's physical work, which is something that I'm not used to, but which is something very good, especially for me, since my idea of physical work until this week was moving a pen from left to right on a sheet of paper.

My muscles are sore, especially my back muscles. Because my job entails a lot of lifting, I have to be very careful and make sure that I use my legs, and not my back, when I lift stuff.

My job is to detect defective solar panels, produced by the assembly line process. After I check for panel quality, I move it to a specific "pile", usually located in another part of the building. Each panel is 14kgs, and I estimate that so far I've lifted at least 500 of them. Marty, my working partner and fellow soccerino, has been very gracious and taken the brunt end of lifting duties. Thanks be to God for friends like him.

My boss is from Germany, Freiburg. Actually, there are many Germans at this company, maybe because the company has a subsidiary there.

Anyways, it's good to be working again. It's "brainless" work, so I'm not sure I could do this "long term", but for now, I'm very content to be working again.

No comments: