Saturday, January 26, 2008

Invitation

I got an invitation to visit with Clau this Monday, together with her mother, and her brother Mariano who are visiting from Bolivia. I haven't spoken with her since before Christmas and have decided to meet up with her, even though it'll be a painful and confusing event.

Human relations can sometimes be so painful. If I could ever get a hold of (control) my emotions I'd probably do ok in relationships but that skill eludes me. Or maybe the problem is that I'm not willing to let go of my emotions. Maybe I guard myself so much (ie - I've built a wall around myself) that I'm impenetrable from the outside. Not sure which of the two describes me. Maybe both, maybe neither.

Either way, I'm convinced that this ongoing burden is God's way of teaching me to identify with the human suffering all around me. We are broken pots, badly in need of the mending hands of the Potter.

I'm anxious and anguished about Monday night.

On a different note, today is mom's birthday. Happy birthday mom: may God's richest blessings continue to shower upon you. I look forward to visiting with family tomorrow afternoon and evening.

No comments: