Thursday, May 24, 2007

Bjork

Tonight Bjork (excuse the lack of umlauts on the 'o' .. I can't copy them from an open office doc to this Firefox webrowser) played at Deer Lake in Burnaby. It was an awesome concert. I think she's the greatest.

But she didn't play her best song: Human Behaviour. :(

She did play some other kick-a$$ songs though, including Army of Me, Pagan Poetry, Unison, All is full of Love, and Bachlorette.

She also played Pluto which I hate on the cd, but was quite good live.

I was also struck by the humanist message she preaches in her songs. My friend Rob thinks she sees herself as the philosophical uebermensch (again, excuse the lack of umlauts) that Hegel spoke of a couple centuries ago, the idea that humanity is working itself towards some kind of utopia. Hmmmmm .. I think he's onto something.

Too bad she's not.

But, I still love her music.

No comments: