Thursday, May 17, 2007

Advising Committee

Today was the first time I participated in the advisory committee meeting for "Out of the Cold" (OOC), an initiative by GCBC. I think it's a great initiative (that's been running for 10+ years!) that brings Christians from throughout the city together every Thursday night in order to cook and serve a meal to the homeless of Vancouver. I've volunteered for OOC for over a year now, and have been repeatedly blessed and challenged by my experiences there.

I'm blessed by the resilience and strength of the poor, and challenged to see Jesus in their faces.

I look forward to learn from some of the leaders there. Furthermore, I'd like to take what I learn there and implement some of their ideals in our church. Our church needs to have a higher social conscience, and so I think we have lots to learn from OOC and GCBC.

No comments: