Saturday, February 03, 2007

New Laptop .. Soon

I'm going to buy a new laptop.

My old clunker is so slow I can go and take a quick shower while logging into MSN and return right on time. Starting up is a whole different story too. It takes about 15 minutes to boot up, so lately I've been turning it on while still on the bus to class, so that by the time I get there it's ready to go. Otherwise I miss the first 15 minutes of lecture.

And battery life, don't even get me started...

I've decided I'm going to either get a newer version of the IBM-model I have now, or convert to Apple-land. Conversion to Apple implies a good dose of humility though, as many of my Apple-friends will tease me with all kinds of dumb slogans like "welcome to the good side" or "you've seen the light", or even "you finally repented and confessed your sins, have ya..."

Those slogans alone make me want to stay away from Apple.

2 comments:

Faith K said...

yeah... I'm also in the midst of converting to Apple... how sad... I love my Thinkpad!!!

cub said...

haha .. maybe you'll be my mac-sis. ;)