Friday, February 16, 2007

Break-In

Got home from school today at around 6pm, and as soon as I put my key in the front door, I knew something was wrong. It didn't fit right. It didn't feel right. I turned the key, and was shocked to find out that the door was unlocked. I opened the door, and lo and behold, someone'd been in my place.

Clothes were lying all over the floor, drawers taken out of the desk and emptied, its contents spread throughout the apartment. My balcony sliding-door was open also.

I immediately noticed that they didn't take the "big" stuff: stereo, dvd player, and printer were all intact, untouched. Even smaller electronics were still there: webcam, phone, even my external hard drive (thank goodness - all my schoolwork's on it!!).

So what did they want? What did they take? My ipod, two backpacks, and cash, about $300.

Interestingly, no, amazingly(!), my old laptop which I'd left at home (after all, I'm a a Mac user now and I'd taken my new laptop to school with me) was left untouched. I'd promised to give it to my friend Carla, who badly needs a laptop, last week, and it would've been so frustrating for it to be stolen now. I called the police, and after the policewoman arrived she was stunned when I told her that the laptop was not stolen. She said it's a miracle. I agreed. Thank you Lord!

Anyways, now it's cleanup time. It'll probably take me all weekend to clean up. I feel violated.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me, a sinner.
Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on the thief, a sinner.
Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on a sinful world.

2 comments:

Faith K said...

wow... sorry to hear that!!! Well, let's put it this way... you still have your new Mac!!!

cub said...

yeah i know .. i gave my old one to my friend Carla. i'm glad the thief didn't take it..! :)