Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Tech-Challenged

Over the past few days I've been doing a ton of research online, on how to add a 'currently reading' section to my online journal. I've seen it on other sites, and it's a pretty cool way of letting you know how I exercise my brain.

But so far, I've encountered several problems. 1- Blogger instructions on how to add this sort of link to one's blog are .. well, lame-ass weak. I sent them two emails asking them how to do it, and their reply was "go to our help section". Well .. your help section's great .. if you're a web-whiz! Thx for nothing. 2 - Besides looking on the blogger website, I also did a general search on the internet. I found some suggestions, but well, I didn't like them.

You see, most people suggest using Amazon as a link, but I don't want to do that, because then I'd direct everyone to their website. I'd rather send people directly to the publishing company website, or better yet, the small, forgotten bookstore around the corner.

Maybe I'm an anti-corporate snob, or better yet, an anti-American-corporate snob; or maybe I'm just a snob .. period! But I don't care, I'm standing my ground.

I'll continue researching the matter. In the long run though, I think I'll have to learn more about web-developing. It'll make my life much simpler. I have so many ideas I'd like to implement on my site here, but my technical knowledge just doesn't cut it.

No comments: