Friday, October 21, 2016

Tennis Membership

I took the plunge today and bought a basic tennis membership at a local indoor tennis centre.

It cost $250, and thankfully, I have benefits at work that will cover this expense.


The summer season is over now and the indoor season has begun in full force.  At the tennis centre we play doubles every Monday night.  I'm getting to know a few players and could see myself finding a hitting partner or two over the next few months so that I can begin improving on my game by practising regularly.  My forehand and backhand are in horrible shape.

Funny, every time I grab the racket and start playing I think about my days at the "bubble" in Abbotsford, and hitting the ball against "Murph", "Klassen", and of course, my brother Ted.  These memories are overwhelmingly positive, which is perhaps why I'm keen to get back into the game.

No comments: