Saturday, September 10, 2016

Moose Jaw Reunion

I drove to Moose Jaw today, to meet up with some of my ex coworkers there.  It's hard to believe that it's been almost 2.5 years since I moved away from there.  And what happiness that has brought!

The Emperor is still ruling the hen house he's created there.  It's incredible, really, how much damage one person can make.  And what's maybe even more incredible is that he's being allowed to continue his exercise in tyranny.

I feel for my coworkers.  They spent much more time there, invested much more energy in the place than I did, and now have to endure the rule of a nasty man who doesn't have the wellbeing of the organization in mind, much less the people that are part of it and help build it.  But alas, that's the past.  Well, it's my past.

While we did talk about some of the painful things going on there, we spent most of our time together reminiscing about the good times we shared together while I was there - and there were many.  Funny enough, many of the memories revolve around food!  The cafeteria, the Burger Shack, Rock Creek, Houstons, even the chinese restaurant on 4th Ave.





After eating dinner together I made my way to my favourite place in the city, Crescent Park, and went for a walk.  Overall, I'm grateful for my time in this lovely city.  I miss it.  It's quaint, quiet, out of the limelight and hidden from the world.  My idyllic view of peaceful small towns remains in tact.

No comments: