Sunday, July 03, 2016

The Land Of Milk And Honey

So here is our latest family portrait.


The guy at the front right is not part of our family, he's Derek's friend.  I know I'm supposed to be gracious towards others, but my gosh, some people's kids...

The family is changing.  Tanis is pregnant.  The kids are no longer kids - except for one, they're all teens now.  Mom and dad are aging, slowly, and extremely gracefully.

I need to make this trip part of my annual routine.  Family.  The Okanagan.  Smoothies.  Lakes.  Wine.  Sun and heat.  BBQ.  Pool.  Ice cream.  And after this year...tennis.

Ted and I played tennis again yesterday.  I feel like I'm rediscovering an old Love.

Ted and I also talked about buying a family property in Penticton.  It would serve as an annual vacation spot, and possibly, a future home for me!


No comments: