Monday, December 28, 2015

Panic - A Horrible Feeling

I went skiing today with Michelle.  We went to Wildwood Golf Course and skied for about 30 minutes - about 6 kms.  It felt great - I'm glad one of the first things I did when I moved to Saskatchewan was buying cross country skis!

I felt some chest pain while skiing though, and that concerns me.  I'm not sure where it comes from, but possibly swimming. Sometimes when I go swimming I feel a tremendous sense of panic and shortness of breath.  I try to push ahead and not give up when that happens, but it's a horrible feeling - like I'm drowning or something - when it happens.

I think I'm in worse shape physically than I thought.  I only swim 16 laps (about 500 metres) in total, but by the end I'm physically exhausted.  I don't consider myself a good swimmer, but 500 metres seems like so little.  Plus, it takes me 30+ minutes, 2 breaks included, to complete the swim.

Another thing that bothered me is the pace of my skiing.  I ski so slow.  Michelle is a good and steady skier, but she has skis that are like, 30 years old, and she seems to ski so effortlessly.  Her strides are so smooth, mine seem slow and laboured in comparison.


No comments: