Sunday, May 10, 2015

Gardening Day

Yesterday I planted my garden.  I got outside around 10:30am, after sitting on my front porch and reading Pope Francis' The Church of Mercy for a while.  It was enjoyable reading, sipping my coffee, soaking and in the warm rays of the sun.

It took me awhile to work out the garden layout.  I wanted to make it a beautiful space, not just a functional place.  To accomplish this I planted some pampa grass, sunflowers, lavender, and an Asian lily in the corners.

I also incorporated some walking space, so that I have a place to stand on when tilling and weeding the ground.
Below's the layout.


The weather's still rather chilly, particularly at night.  I trust that in the coming days it'll warm up.

After finishing the garden I mowed both my front and back lawn.

Then, Amanda - my newly found neighbour-friend - and her friend Dan dropped by for a bbq.  I cooked up some burgers and put some veggies on the grill too.  Amanda brought a salad, and together we had a nice evening meal and conversation.

Thank you Lord for the simple pleasures of life.  I pray for a grateful heart to recognize more of these moments.  Amen.

No comments: