Sunday, May 24, 2015

A Warm Day in Saskatoon

Finally...my seeds are sprouting!  Ten days after short cold spell, my plants are on their way up and out of the ground.

Corn's up.
Patatoes are up.
Beans and zucchini too.
No carrots yet, though.  And tomatoes are struggling...I planted them too early.

Today I did some weeding and watering, and it was nice not having to leave home to do it.

I'm really enjoying my front porch and back deck.  Friday night after the memorial service at work I had some coworkers over for some drinks on the deck.  This morning I sat out in my front porch and did some reading before the sun got too hot.  And once it got too hot I just switched to the back and continued there.  Now, as I'm writing this, it's too hot in the back so I've switched back to the front.  Later on I plan to bbq some beef kabobs and grill some veggies.  

Someone once told me that I'm a home body (it was a compliment), and at the time I wasn't sure she was right, but I think she was.  I love being at home. Of course sometimes it'd be nice to have more company but overall, I'm content at home.


 It's safe to say that spring's here to stay (or give way to summer) now.  Today's high is around 26, yesterday was 25.

No comments: