Tuesday, November 19, 2013

44

Today I turned 44.  Happy birthday, Neudorf!

Work is miserable.  I can't trust my staff member, and my boss think he can trust me.  It's a disaster.  Pressure is at a level I've never experienced before at work.  Relentless.  Suddenly I wish everyday was Saturday or Sunday.

But on the personal side, things are altogether different, magical.  She's like an opium drug that numbs my mind from work pain.  She's like a cool balm that subdues the heat of a bad burn.

Had a two-hour conversation with gingersnap on the phone.

Got some birthday cards from family.

A few congrats from coworkers, maybe 1 or 2.

My friend David emailed me.  I'm a horrible friend; haven't been in touch with him since he got married in July.

Other than that, a quiet day.

No comments: