Monday, November 25, 2013

3 Days In The Peg

Friday:
I left the Jaw on a cold and windy morning, full of anticipation, arriving in Winnipeg mid-afternoon.  After checking in to my room, I showered, and plunked myself on the bed for a good one-hour nap.

Around 6:30pm I went to visit her.  I was quite nervous, but relieved to find out that she was equally nervous.  Our first meeting was very special....  Her real life smile is as great as it is in pictures.  She wore a black dress.

We (mostly she) cooked a wonderful meal, followed by an amazing chocolate ganache torte she'd prepared.  She's an amazing cook indeed.  Afterwards we parked ourselves on the couch and spent time getting to know each other.  It was a late night.

Saturday:
I returned to her place by around 9 in the morning.  We made breakfast - apple crisp and fruits - and we also attempted to make pumpkin bread.  I say attempted, because there was a hitch.  I was the dry ingredient mixer.  Easy, right?  Right.  Except, I put in baking soda instead of baking powder.  The result, nice and crispy bread on the outside, but sticky and gooey on the inside.  Ooops.

In the afternoon we went to what will likely be one of the most uniting factors for us, should our relationship continue to blossom: MEC.  I bought some gloves there.  We also went shopping at a big mall along Portage.

In the evening we ate dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant.  We stayed up late.

Sunday:
I checked out of my room by 8:30, and drove over to her place.  After finishing up the rest of the apple crisp for breakfast, we took her dog for a walk.  She lives in a nice neighbourhood, Wolseley.  Upon returrning to her place we parked ourselves on the couch and read to each other.  I read Kathleen Norris.  She read Lauren Winner.

I left Winnipeg around 4pm, arriving back to Moose Jaw around 11pm.

It was such a great weekend.  We took some pictures.  I can't post them here, but they communicate mutual joy.

No comments: