Thursday, September 22, 2011

Rivendell Day 2: Killarney Lake

I've decided to divide my two full days on Bowen Island in two. Day 1: enjoying God's creation by hiking and taking pictures; and Day 2: Lectio Divina.

With that in mind, here are the pictures I took on my hike around Killarney Lake today.  The weather wasn't ideal: it was pouring rain most of the day.  Still, I managed to take some shots without getting my camera wet!

Breakfast in the "nook":













My bedroom:














View of Killarney Lake from my bedroom window:














Rivendell - a glorious setting, a glorious view:














Afternoon hike: first some meadows, then some hauntingly beautiful forests, and then finally, the lake.  Except for the meadow picture, all others were taken in the pouring rain.













 














At the end of the day, already on my way home, I saw this deer. Amazing. For about 3 minutes, while I got my camera set up, we stood in this pose, about 3 meters apart. In that timespan - which seemed an eternity - the deer didn't take his eye off me once. What was it that kept him from running away? Trust? Curiosity?














In the evening I went to the library and read. Tomorrow I will share some of my thoughts on what I'm reading/contemplating these days.

No comments: