Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Rivendell Day 1: Arrival

As I approach my 2nd CPE unit, I'm aware of the strain - theological, psychological, even physical - that goes with such an intense course.  In preparation, therefore, I've decided to spend 3 days far away from the hustle and bustle of the city, and in a quiet, remote place.  The aim: to seek God in silence and simplicity.

So earlier this afternoon I took the 256 from Georgia/Granville to the Horseshoe Bay Ferry terminal.  Then I took the ferry, destination Bowen Island.  Then, finally, I took the long treck up the road, towards Rivendell.  I was about 1/3 of the way up, when a kind soul driving up the road saw me lugging my big backpack and and had mercy on me.  Thank you Lord!  She dropped me off at the front entrance, and I had just enough time to drop off my stuff in my room and then run back downstairs for prayer time.

After prayer, I ate dinner, read a little, prayed a little, and then turned myself in for a good night's sleep.  Below are pictures of the ferry ride over, and the view from my room.









































No comments: