Saturday, April 16, 2011

Ralph In Surrey

As I mentioned a few days ago, there was talk that Ralph would be transferred to Surrey. That transfer happened 5 days ago on April 10th.

Yesterday I went to visit him, and he was not having a good day. He was coughing like crazy. It's frightening: when he coughs, it looks like he's choking. His lung is really giving him lots of trouble.

One feels so helpless. All we can do is hope and pray that his time is not yet up, and that the doctors and nurses would give him the best possible care (and they do).

Dad took these pics of our visit. The first one is of mom and me at Ralph's bedside:















The next one is of me, while the physiotherapist is working on Ralph's legs:















The last one I took of dad. Mom and dad are so formal when they stand at bedside. Dad in particular, is very stoic most of the time. He visits Ralph for only short periods of time, and doesn't say much at all. But as I think I've said before, his heart is torn deep inside. He loves Ralph dearly.

No comments: