Saturday, April 23, 2011

Good Friday: Psalm 22

My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
Why are you so far from saving me,
from the words of my groaning?

O my God, I cry by day, but you do not answer,
and by night, but I find no rest.

Yet you are holy, enthroned on the praises of Israel.
In you our fathers trusted; they trusted, and you delivered them.

To you they cried and were rescued;
in you they trusted and were not put to shame.

But I am a worm and not a man,
scorned by mankind and despised by the people.

All who see me mock me;
they make mouths at me;
they wag their heads;

"He trusts in the LORD; let him deliver him;
let him rescue him, for he delights in him!"

Yet you are he who took me from the womb;
you made me trust you at my mother's breasts.

On you was I cast from my birth,
and from my mother's womb you have been my God.

Be not far from me, for trouble is near, and there is none to help.

-----

Psalm 22:1-11

No comments: