Thursday, July 16, 2009

Another Chapter Comes To An End

Today Ted and family left Canada, headed back for Paraguay. A sad day it was.

Whenever family leaves, one always feels like one didn't put in enough time and effort to be with them while they were here. That's at least how I usually feel, and today was no exception.

I only worked an afternoon shift today, and so I wasn't too tired to go to the airport and say my farewells. I came just in time to witness the chaos that always seems to creep up at the airport when family members scramble to pack and re-pack all their suitcases in order to get all the weight balances just right and avoid overweight luggage charges. Everyone seems so stressed by it, but I can't help but find the humour in it: it's not like we didn't know the airline had limits to luggage weight, and yet when we're in front of the ticket agent, we do so very well in blaming them for our packing miseries....

Regardless, after all that was done, we went to the food fair and spent one last hour together. I got myself a caramel macchiatto from Starbucks, Ted and Karin got themselves some Greek food, the kids had dinner at Burger King, and mom and dad, well, they'd just finished drinking mate and didn't need anything more.

Finally, at around 10:15pm, it was time to say good-bye. Another chapter comes to an end. I hope they don't stay there too long. I will miss them.

No comments: