Friday, September 12, 2008

Penticton With Family

Here goes an update on my time with family in Penticton. I spent the first few days in Oliver with friends (Aug 28-31), then the last few with family in Penticton (Aug 31 - Sep 1).

On the 31st just before noon, my parents along with my brother Ted, who'd already spent a few days in Penticton, arrived in Oliver to pick me up.

After saying goodbye to my friends, we left for Penticton. The scenery along the way was inspiring: dry, arid mountains along the metallic blue of the various lakes spanning the distance between the two cities. Along the way, luscious vineyards and dozens of fruit markets:



































Once in Penticton, I put all my stuff in my motel bedroom (just around the corner from Skaha Beach), and immediately headed for the swimming pool. My nephews and nieces had already claimed virtual ownership of the pool, evidenced by their loud, boisterous, laughter and screams.

































































Late in the afternoon I went to play some tennis with Ted and Heinz at the tennis courts just by the beach.














































For dinner, Ted made a kick-ass bbq. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of the dinner. Too bad, as it was the highlight of our short stay there.

I was dead-tired, so after dinner I pretty much conked out and hit the sack.

The next morning I got up early and made pancakes for breakfast. Others also contributed, preparing toast, fried eggs, and various fruits.

After packing my bags and getting ready to return home, I went for a quick walk to Skaha Beach. Here's what I saw:




























































Upon my return to the motel, there was some serious packing going on!!!
















Then we lined up for a family picture. I also took the opportunity to take a few more parting shots.




























































Around noon we left for home, taking the Coquihalla southwest. Here are some of the wonderful scenery shots I took between Penticton and Merritt.


































































































No comments: