Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Summer Bliss: Oliver, Penticton

I spent the last 5 days away from Vancouver, and good thing I did, because it's been raining here way too much for the month of August.

Parts of the Okanagan Valley are technically a desert, but I think a more appropriate name for the region should be oasis, for the simple reason that it's not that hot there, but it is dry. Compared to the bloody rain we see on the west coast, the OV is an oasis of sun and warmth. I'm ready to pack my bags and move....

Anyways, I'll share a little more about the excursion in days to come, but for now, here's an appetizer. I spent the first few days days in Oliver with friends.
















From left to right: Cub, Nataliya, Saranjit, Alfonso, Sanjit, Jen, Benja, Juan, Erwin, Vero.

Then, I spent the last few days with family in Penticton.
















From left to right: Mom, dad, Tanis, Terence, Melanie, Heinz, Cub, Derek, Ralph, Neal, Dylan, Karin, Natasha, Ted, Priscilla.

No comments: